View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 10:25 AM   #24
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Defending the President

Constructive criticism is a positive part of democracy, but Destructive criticism for the sake of attack, and often void of logic, is pure politics. The latter is the majority of criticism President Obama has faced in recent months.

Critics have attacked President Obama relentlessly since he hit the 100 day mark. Why? Do they really think 100 days is a measure of success? Do they understand the way Presidential orders and Congressional bills work? Do they know there’s an entire administration of people who work 15 hour days running our nation, a responsibility most of these critics can’t even imagine? Do they even have any concept of how government works? A president doesn’t just create a new law, sign it into effect, and bingo that’s it. There are steps to ensure the democratic way and these steps take time. It took Bush at least nine months to destroy the success of the Clinton years. It’s going to take a lot longer to fix eight years of destructive and neglectful governing. Give Obama a chance.

Those who do understand the way our government works and still attack the president are just out to get him. They are not going to give him a chance and they never intended to. It won’t matter what he does; they’ll find something ridiculous to say, even if it doesn’t make much sense, i.e. radio and FOX news.

What I wonder is how many of these “critics” have someone (even just one single person) examining everything they do in their lives? Probably not many of them. It’s really easy to sit back and pick on someone from afar. It’s also easy to criticize someone for a job they’ll never know anything about. It’s also too easy to examine someone else while failing to look at yourself.

The following is a short list of the Obama administration’s recent accomplishments (from WhiteHouse.gov) There are many more, but this is a work in progress.