View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 07:29 AM   #8496
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Tril, don't beat yourself up. You've caught his triangulation early and can blow him off now. Yeah, it's so easy to be nice to these assholes who only get in touch because a) they're having a slow weekend; b) they need just a little more drama with which to berate their current SO; c) they want to test how much control they still have of your non-relationship and how easy it is to pull you back in.

They send out something nice, you respond in kind, and then the lash comes out of nowhere. Nice game.

It doesn't say anything about you, who are a good-hearted, generous person. It says everything about HIM. Don't buy into the rest of the game, which is aimed at making you squirm and feel bad and upset. If you just block him and don't respond, he may try pretty hard to get back in touch one more time just to prove to himself that he can reel you in whenever he wants. You can have the satisfaction of letting him fail on that one. Although I know how tempting it is to respond. (I admit, I rather like your theoretical email.)

Just ... block him. He's not worth a single moment of your precious time. He's also not worth a single oz of rum. You're waayyy above his narcissistic games.
Flowers to you.