View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004, 10:39 PM   #13
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Wolf,
OK now I have to see that movie again. Thanks for clearing that up. As they say, the palest ink is better than the best memory. Somehow, I'm not surprised that you are a "fellow traveller". heh heh
Now, if only my memory lasts long enough to make it to his senior prom...

Jane_says,
Macrobiotic, in theory = macro, large, long bios, life. (the following is a retrospective view and if any macros read this, everyone else put on your Nomex undies) As it first incarnated in this country it was really nothing more than confused, ethnocentric (Japan, surprise!) new age babble. Essentially espousing: eat seasonally, locally, according to your condition and constitution. This may sound ok, but the diet was really a bit whacky and the advice was pretty culturally biased. The second son of macros (michio Kushi) was a chain smoking, womanizing, charlaton whose macrobiotic seal of approval could be bought for 30 or 40 grand.

As I understand, Macrobiotics now is a little more balanced in its views, but still is appealing to extremists who like to live by rules rather than free thinking.

Well, that was a pretty broad brush.