View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #7
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

they open coconuts.

I have opened coconuts, it took a hammer, a hacksaw, and a generous application of colorful language. Those guys are scary. Yeah, I read the wiki page, the maximum size is about 16 inches. That's about the size of one of Nirvana's chihuahui. An armored chihuahua with a pair of serrated claws as strong as the jaws of life. Have any of you ever been pinched by a crab? I have been pinched a number of times, and never by anything with claws you could cut steaks from like that guy. The biggest one was a Dungeness crab about the size of both my hands together. I picked it up the wrong way, he reached around to remove my unwelcome grasp, which would have worked had he actually let go once he pinched my finger. I was waving this crab around the boat, just like in a Three Stooges skit, dangling from my finger for about three hours (subjective time. actual time was probably less than ten seconds). I had a bruise on my finger for a month. I've hit my finger with a hammer like I meant it and felt less pain. This guy pinched me so hard the tip of my finger was numb for weeks. And this was a little crab. The guy in the picture looks like he could just clip off my digits and eat them at his pleasure. Didachik? Didachok?