View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 02:07 PM   #8
aimeecc
Super Intendent

I know many of my siblings had tubes put in when they were little. And they all have allergies. So the allergy thing... It all started about 2 months ago - not one ear infection before that. Doctor said 'well, its that time of year, kids get more colds, so he'll be more prone to ear infections, he's in daycare...' He's 11 months, so we've been introducing new foods ever few days for the past 4 months. Actually, we've introduced him to most normal foods a while ago but the "don't have until later" list (strawberries, egg whites, cows milk, nuts...). Hmmm... 2 months ago... I started giving him 'advanced' baby formula for 9+ months, and bread products that may contain egg, like table bread and pasta... and milk products, like yogurt and cheese. I can't remember exactly when I started feeding him yogurt, but it was 2-3 months ago. I think we had already introduced him to all the fruits and veggies that he can have by then. Maybe I need to go back to the old formula, and lay off the breads and yogurts and cheeses.

He loves bread. Loves bread. Absolutely loves bread. Did I say he loves bread? If he sees me eating bread he stops playing and crawls to me to get a piece. If he's with dad eating bread and dad finishes the bread, he looks to me to see if he can get bread from me. Its really funny. Luckily he really likes veggies as well. Doesn't stop playing for them, but he'll gobble up whatever veggie I'm feeding him. He doesn't like fruit. He'll eat it, but not liking it. Same with yogurt. I only give him yogurt because the doctor and all the websites say he needs to be eating dairy daily for calcium.
aimeecc is offline   Reply With Quote