View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 10:06 PM   #505
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

Dana,

I'll plow through numbers (just numbers) tomorrow. For now, I say only this: New York, New Orleans, etc. are in dire straits (cuz of pop density, pop composition, cosmopolitanism, resource management). Most of the world is not (at least no more than usual).

The numbers don't lie (they can only be accurate or inaccurate; this applies to current totals and subsets of those totals, no matter how arbitrarily defined those subsets are) ; local misery doesn't justify widespread lockdowns.

We've allowed *individual liberties to be constrained; allowed local, regional, state, national, world economies to be purposefully repressed, all to combat a nasty cold.

More tomorrow.

-----

Luce,

Lookin' only at numbers and drawin' my own conclusions is ideological, unfactual, and ill-informed?

Really?

We'll have to agree to disagree.

-----

V,

That ain't paraphrasin', that's flat-out lyin'. It's what I expect from He who only knows how to write, not from you.

You're right about one thing: I'm not here to persuade you..

Do your own research, reason through what you find, and draw your own conclusions.

*in the West where at least there's some lip-service paid to the idea; elsewhere, like China, where individual liberty is a pipe dream, folks are just eatin' the same old shit