View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020, 10:58 PM   #1375
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

What might be making you a tad apprehensive?

Put my little Cherry Bomb (m'car) is the carspital Thursday. I've got a laundry list of things that need to be addressed, and decided to take care of a couple of them. The brakes are completely wonky. The rears are jerky when ya first start the car, and they lock up the first coupla times ya use them, then they're fine, well, they're ok. I'm not sure if the fronts work at all.

Also, most of the time, on a cold start it wants to idle at like 2000 rpm. It's an old throttle body fuel injection, and no telling what's wrong there, I know fuckall about that.

Between not-so-easy-to-find-parts and labor, I'm expecting to spend right around a thousand bucks.

And haven't even started on the front end. It needs a bumper cover, the actual steel bumper behind it, brackets for same, the hood latch mount, a headlight bucket, two headlights, two parking lights, air dam. The ragtop has a hole that needs to be re-repaired, too. The weather-stripping is also pretty sad in spots.

I may not live long enough to get this car right.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote