View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 03:03 PM   #19
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Thank you BigV.

They were truly desperate to find good economical workers, so they hired 6 contractors believing those people would prefer a direct hire jobs....mostly because THEY would not like distance contracting.

As it turned out most of the contractors had come in from a direct hire job. We came to NNS to work a lot, make more money and leave. That’s the general template.

As persistant as they were at explaining direct hire benefits and knowing the numbers regarding pay, I knew it wasn’t going to meet the company’s needs and budget keeping contractors on.

I’ll push a rope uphill in snow for the right money. Give me some type of statusey thing instead? I’m not your guy.

They money IS the statusey thing. Buying things normally bank financed with cash, investing thousands of dollars a month instead of much less over a longer period of time, taking months off at a time without selling all you have, these are things are what a contractor is normally looking for. Being much less dependent on all these systems that are completely out of one’s control.

They’re wanting the things promised by direct hire but when you get close, those goodies disappear.

Contractors thrive on uncertainty and taking chances in the market. Direct hires DO NOT.

Both very viable paths. Or can be if you don’t want to follow one path while being in the other.

So as far as NNS goes, I told them, if you have a UGNX position that’s short term, CALL ME. I can keep your schedule current while you are finding a long term candidate. When that person materializes, off I go with a solid handoff on what I’m doing to that person.

You pay much more for me but don’t miss your time targets. Win win.

Timing is a very big reason Indians have not taken much more of the market. Timing is everything. Sometimes.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote