View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 12:21 AM   #1719
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Making my last sandwich for my Grandad today.
I'll kinda miss it.
My parents have more money than time (without having a lot of money!) But the last ten days I've made time to make Grandad a sandwich every day, and a little treat, and gone and had a cup of tea with him about 4 o' clock.

I know he has appreciated it. Okay, my ironing is nowhere near as good as Mum's. And I don't do a million other things she does that he would miss. But at the obvious end of things he has really enjoyed.

The only thing I feel bad about is that I haven't done it before. When you're drinking you have far better ways to fill your time than looking after other people.

Cooked up some stuffing last night, so he's having chicken & stuffing & lettuce. Ironically, he might not even enjoy it! He likes really simple sandwiches (which is why he's not getting Caesar Salad). Big hits this week have been egg - yes, just egg and salt - tinned red salmon and cucumber, cheese & tomato and sliced liver sausage.

Oh, I don't think I've said yet - I start volunteering at a local primary school on Friday. Two days a week - Friday and Monday. Working in the role of a teaching assistant. And yes, I told them up front about Amsterdam - I have three working days before I go, enough to get into the swing of things.

Happy and nervous. I bought some clothes from eBay all ready for the experience. Will have to post a pic of me in teacher gear!
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote