View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 12:46 PM   #6905
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

So, after my intended strong stance on Tiger-kisses yesterday, I actually had two today.
I promise I will address this next week. Just one more tomorrow...

Thursday is my late day and I always try to stretch the session as long as his concentration allows. Today it was 40 minutes, a record! After that I wrote up my notes, then was asked to take a pupil to First Aid because he'd been accidentally stepped on - the joys of Reception!

When I got back to the class, Tiger & Tennant were in the cloakroom. They were checking if my bag was there because they thought I might have left. I reassured Tiger that I would always say goodbye to him in future.

I'd told Mrs P that Tiger had some holiday pictures in his diary (kept by parents). Parents were asked if they could share any holiday photos to help with our seaside theme this term. Tiger won't often put himself forward when he has something to tell, but he tells me and I can intercede.

Consequently he was invited to show and tell at 14.30, my going home time. Instead I took a seat and enjoyed the "presentation", which I know helped him to talk to the class, because he could check my face for reassurance and see I was smiling.

So as I left, he kissed me, then after I'd got my bag he came up to kiss me again. Yes I know - it's even more important not to let this become a ritual (esp considering his OCD) but Monday... Monday... Secret handshake begins Monday....

Oh and great session with him today. We had an empty room to ourselves. Miss D (trainee teacher) came to observe and he wasn't fazed by that at all. So much better than last week when we had to cut the session short - too much distraction, Tiger in a super-fizzy mood (as was the whole school that day it seemed) and just no focus.