View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 09:21 PM   #38
Nirvana
Back in 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico and ME View Post
My mother was a hobby breeder...Cairn Terriors. Everything Nirvana lists about it is true.

However.

What Nirvana is neglecting to see is that her 'hobby' begets such things as puppy mills. And those puppy mills end up causing a lot of misery and harm to dogs.

I'm really disappointed to see that her one sided enthusiasm for her 'hobby' prevents her from admitting to the offshoot horrors that arise from it and also thus ignoring the necessary controls or regulations that are needed to prevent those horrors.

You know nothing about me Pico obviously. My hobby begets no such thing. I have bred dogs for 20 years and not one single dog with my pedigrees is in any puppy mill in the United States or the world. Screening and diligence is the key and some people just cannot resist being greedy, I am not one of those people. Most of the intact dogs I placed are in Europe in countries that do not allow pet mills because they have breed wardens. Those are people answerable to the government that gives breeders permission to breed their dogs using a certain strict criteria. Its pretty difficult if not impossible to pet mill in most European countries. There are plenty of hobby breeders with the same value system I have.