View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #8583
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Doctors can be dickheads just like any other person. When I was pregnant with Eva, the local doc put me on a medication for hypertension which in some cases can cause depression. This was for me, who had suffered from PND and had been on Zoloft - which was prescribed by the same clinic - and the problem wasn't picked up till the hospital realised and were horrified. Unfortunately, by the time it was picked up, I was already having great trouble with my emotional state so it took a while to get back to normal.

Rest assured, I've had words with the head doctor at the clinic about it, but in the end, they're not doing anything about it. That's fine. I now know to be very sure to do my own research on anything they ever prescribe again. Fortunately, as a family we don't do the whole prescription thing much at all, so it's mostly just me.

I'm glad Beans is ok. Teething can be a yuck time for everyone. I hope Eva has an easy time of it like the rest of mine did. I'll let you know how it's going in a couple of months.