Thread: Bikes!
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 10:39 PM   #15
Kitsune
still eats dirt

This baby fights that um...er... numbing problem.

From the site: It's a completely thought-through design. But does it work? In a word, yes. Tests conducted by Dr. Robert Kessler, Professor of Urology at the prestigious Stanford University Medical Center, have conclusively proven that the Body Geometry design is clinically effective, both at preventing problems and even reducing or eliminating existing pain, numbness and erectile dysfunction.

Whoa! I was just complaining that my legs and feet go numb over long distances. Maybe I am in the wrong sport!

I have a bicycle seat with a hole in it that helps prevent the nerve pinch problem, but I've found it also helps to stand on the pedals every few miles and stretch. With continued problems, though, I just might upgrade to a "granny seat".

This is such a sticking point for me that I refuse to ride. It's not a question of "Gosh, that's a little sore" after a few hours of riding; I cannot sit on bicycle seats.

Clodfobble, have you ever considered getting a recumbent bicycle? My friend went through back surgery for an injury and so he cannot sit on a normal bicycle very long. He eventually tried out and purchased a recumbent with excellent results -- he cruised past me on the suncoast trip with little difficulty and was comfortable the entire journey. He did complain that hills are sometimes are serious problem, though.

Last edited by Kitsune; 08-18-2004 at 10:42 PM.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote