Thread: VOTE!
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #53
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

I voted early. I'm in Florida, a swing state, and we are being unbelievably buried in political bullshit. I don't just talk the talk, I have signs in my yard...corner lot on a main highway thank-you-very-much. I double dog dare anyone to give me shit about it either.

Straight Democratic ticket, yes to retain all judges and no to every Constitutional Amendment. Yes to the referendum question to continue the tax to benefit schools. No to the other two.

Ballot for my address

There is a Republican power grab going on with the judges, because the Republican's would love to replace these moderate judges with their own appointees (not so moderate, of course) and this would impact Florida's future well beyond the asinine and corrupt governor and state Republican government we have now.

Principled Justices

The constitutional amendments are a bunch of badly worded, misleadingly titled, mish-mash of Republican attempts to hand out favors, insert religion into our government, bar Obamacare, and giving themselves additional power and control where it should not be. So no, across the board.

2012 Constitutional Amendments

Our governor is one of, if not THE most corrupt governor in office. He was actually involved in a huge fraud case when head of Columbia HCA. Columbia settled with the government for $1.9 billion. He instituted welfare drug testing...and it turns out, welfare recipients actually use drugs LESS than your average employed person (probably something to do with a paycheck??) and the state of Florida lost hundreds of thousands of dollars. Did I mention the drug testing company was founded by Dear Gov. Scott and transferred to his wife's name just before this was implemented? Now they made money

Florida Saved Nothing

He is attempting to implement all sorts of shady crap while he has the chance. He'll be gone (hopefully) next election!