View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 09:02 AM   #110
Pie
Gone and done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
Ain't they got TJ's in MD? Annapolis still has its Graul's, no? And try scouring the Rte 1 corridor in the Laurel area, and downtown Baltimore for little old health-food groceries.

See if WholeFoods' website would inform you of any stores in your part of central MD.
My shopping pattern is to drop by the store most nights on my way home (since I usually don't know what I want to make till an hour or two before hand.) That means the store I go to needs to be close to home.

There is a TJ's, but they don't have the type of "ethnic" items I'm looking for. I agree that what they have is good; the selection is just smaller than I'd wish. Whole Paycheck is ridiculously expensive, and I will not support their Machiavellian ambitions. (There's another place called "Roots" that is about the same thing.)

Damnit, I just want my Wegmans. I hear that one will be opening up in the next year or so, and my life will be complete. It will also spur healthy competition and improvements in the existing stores (I saw that exact effect when W came to my old neighborhood.)