View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 09:55 PM   #19
Hoof Hearted
...you smell something?

Sheep ARE very stupid, however having raised lambs for 4-H and being around large groups of sheep pressing together...they cannot press together (while standing with all 4 feet on the ground) enough to prevent them from being able to breathe. Their wool is a very good buffer between each other, allowing air space and room to expand their lungs.
And while I concur about sheep stupidity...I cannot see that many dying of fright from some large birds. These animals are harried by humans, dogs and various other predators...I've never heard of them dropping dead from fright. Turkeys, on the other hand...

I wonder if someone forgot to WATER these animals and has concocted a story to save their ass.

Also, the ring around the wall is from the lanolin sheep produce getting rubbed on the surface and dust sticking. Check out doorways in barns and such where the animals' bodies rub as they go past...it is always dirty from the oils of their coat and dust.