View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 02:29 PM   #7618
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Finished another shift at work.
Still concerned that I am doing everything wrong, but no-one seems to have the time to tell me that.
It's also been confirmed that if I have signed up for any extra shifts I can have them.
Some of the ones I wanted had already gone (those this month, sadly) but I have at least two extra which will pay out before I go to Glasgow.
So that's all YAY!

Got a name badge and a full uniform too, so I no longer have to wear my decent school trousers on the floor. And the work ones have a pocket, which is very helpful - I don't need one in class as I have everything I need close to hand, but on the tills you're not close to anything useful. Well, being a retail chemist you are close to lots of useful things, but you'd get the sack if you helped yourself!

In a far more emotional vein...
Funeral tomorrow.
I hope you will understand when I say I am looking forward to it.
It's a family event for a start. I feel good when we pull together.
Mum will need me and won't bitch - pretty much everything I do will be appreciated and remembered fondly. And the bottom line is I will actually BE a help, not a hindrance.

And it will be the end of this chapter. We can settle down and acknowledge the gap Grandad leaves in our lives. We devoted many hours in caring for him and this interim period has been hectic.