View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 12:38 PM   #46
theotherguy
no not that other guy, the other one

LJ - here is the run down for you - I am sitting here on the couch the day after with very little discomfort. I was sure to follow the doc's recommendations yesterday and didn't move off of the couch much. Ice on for 10 min. Then, off for 20 min for about 12 hours. I should be able to do just about anything I want tomorrow. No sex until Tuesday and I am not supposed to exercise for 7 days.

The procedure itself was rather uneventful. There was some discomfort during - more pressure than pain. But, other than that, it was very simple and painless.

However, I was in so much pain on Thursday night that I wasn't sure I could go on with it. What's that you say? Wasn't that the night before the procedure? Yes.

Word of warning to any going in for the V. DO NOT USE NAIR ON YOUR BALL SACK! It hurt like hell. It burned me to the point that I couldn't even have sex the night before the procedure. My sack was fireball red and hurting to the point that I could not walk. How crazy! My wife thought she would help me out and put some sunburn ease stuff on it. She sprayed it on, I yelled, and about came out of my skin. I was in so much freaking pain, but all I could do was laugh. All because I didn't want to nick my sack with a razor.

If anyone is thinking about getting a vasectomy, but hesitant. Just do it. I agree with Glatt now. It really is no big deal.