View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 01:01 PM   #19
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
I don't think they need to understand the concept of color, as long as they know what colors other people perceive things as. In the world of color, it is like rote memorization...not creativity of color such as Van Gogh, and requiring a different kind of talent and tasking.
I think one has to understand the concept of color, as well as depth, shading, and most importantly, nuance.

Look at the slight shades of green on the bottom of those not quite ripe bananas. Or the thin white stripe between the rind of the watermelon and the 'meat' of the melon. The slight reflection of the light source in the grapes. I don't know if someone blind from birth could "get" that, regardless of how thorough an explanation or description they receive.

Also, (while I'm being difficult) I've seen some people on TV, doing something a blind person shouldn't or couldn't be able to do. But, the thing is they're "legally blind", not completely, totally, always-in-the-dark blind. Seems there are various shades of blind. And, that, to me, is some form of bullshit.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote