View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 06:08 PM   #1529
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I've polished off two more of the Teen Paranormals by Traci Hall, Something Wiccan This Way Comes and Wiccan Cool.

I also made the mistake of hitting a free Kindle Download, My Soul to Lose by Rachel Vincent, which is the prequel to some awful paranormal romance series. Stupid Stupid Stupid. But they did get some of the nuthouse stuff right, including the dosing of the calm the nut down real fast shot.

I FINALLY finished Raven by Tim Reiterman, which is about the People's Temple mass suicide. I've been fascinated by that since 1978. I've been reading the book off an on since January ... a chapter here, a chapter there (a lot of them in the special reading room). I made it the primary book while momwolf has been having her shingles and prednisone psychosis.

The Witch of Blackbird Pond - Elizabeth George Speare
Somehow managed never to read this Newbery Medal book. Found it on the free-to-a-good-home table in the mailroom. It was actually pretty good and has a feminist theme that was quite ahead of it's time in 1958 when it was published.

Old Man's War - John Scalzi
Should have read this one before the Ghost Brigades, but it was still very good. New Science Fiction Classic, me thinks.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote