View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #81
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

OK, you confused me by objecting to YouTube and then posting a YouTube video entirely unrelated to YouTube.

You are now just complaining about technology and data privacy in general terms, not about Google. Got it.

And BTW, yes, law enforcement needs a warrant to ask Google about specific issues, and Google's new and entirely transparent privacy policy won't change that, nor would it change the amount or connection of information available to law enforcement.

And BTW yes, if a person makes their Facebook page available to the public it will also be available to cops. And if they don't, it won't. Okay then?

Quote:
The issue is the change in control of the information obtained by Google... without the consent of the User.
It's entirely consensual. You read their privacy policy and if you don't agree with it you don't use all the free Google products.

There's almost no change. And if somebody had asked you a week ago whether Google uses your Google Maps lookups to improve your Google search experience, you would have said, well I fucking hope so, because that's a no-brainer, has no impact on my privacy, and would be extremely useful information that would help me get to what I'm looking for and improve my life.

Don't pee yourself because the WaPo wrote an inflammatory headline. You'll be peeing yourself every morning!
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote