Thread: Movies
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2001, 02:22 PM   #12
Chewbaccus
Freethinker/booter

The Sixth Sense

I. Hated. This. Movie.

This has to be the most awful thing I have ever sat down and spent my valuable time on. Luckily, I salvaged most of the 2 hours as I slept through all but 15 minutes at the beginning and 15 minutes at the end. As soon as I saw Willis get shot, I had a really bad feeling as to what was next. Willis' wife ignores him and he has trouble with the door, I was 99.999% sure what was coming. Then the kid said that the dead people sometimes don't know they're dead. That was it, Willis died when the wackjob shot him, time for a nap.

That's why I really can't understand people who say that they were shocked by the ending. That they never expected it. If you're reading this, and you can honestly sit there and tell me that you were surprised, please continue to sit there whilst I secure the electrodes to your skin.

And I'm not the only one who feels this way. I saw the movie with my brother and my father. My father got the tickets (and ultimately chose the movie, a fact I have never forgiven him for.) while my brother and I parked the car. When we filed out of the theater, my brother immediately went to the nearest ATM, withdrew some money, pulled some singles from his pocket, and presented it to my father on the pretense that no human should have to pay for another to see what we just did. After that, my brother and I made a pact to never leave my father at a movie ticket counter unattended.

I just don't get it.

~mike