View Single Post
Old 11-20-2004, 09:37 PM   #13
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasviper
Cool! Well, 15 minutes is more considerable than a lot of people would put into a landscape. I'd like to try large format some time, but haven't gotten my hands on a camera yet. (The closest I own is a YashicaMat 124G TLR). I'm headed into photojournalism, so I've been really pleased to see the work that David Burnett has been doing with a Speed Graphic and other "obsolete" tools. It breaks my heart that I'll soon spend $5000 on a digital camera that will be as good as a paperweight in 50 years, while a wood-and-brass beauty like yours is still going strong.

Rob
Das,
MAT124G is an awesome camera. I once worked at a camera shop and did a side by side comparison with a hasselblad and the images were indistinguishable from one another. I bought the Yashica Mat.

Digital paperweight in 50 years? Nahh, try 50 weeks!

I just bought my first digital camera: a C.Pix for the princely sum of $19.95. It wouldn't weigh down a sheet of rice paper! Twenty bucks is all I'm ready to part with at this point. It does have a cmos sensor...

I've been crazy busy, but will post some $20. digi images soon and I promised to p'shop a mullet on some other pic.

Gotta go now.