View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 09:01 PM   #186
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
There are very dark thoughts... and I want a drink.
Why do you want a drink? Will it make you feel better?

Alcohol is a pain-killer. If it will make you feel better, is there no way you can have a drink or limited amount of drinks without permanent psychological or physical damage? When things get so bad, why can't you have a couple? will they react with medication? Will you lose psychological control? What?

-I'm not judging, please believe me. I remember that you have posted about problems with alcohol, but I just wonder is it necessary to be absolutely teetotal? I have problems with painkillers -many react with my asthma meds and those left often don't work. baby pain compared with yours, but when I don't have to drive, operate machiney, watch the sprogs, a few beers work a treat -the pain is numbed a bit, and I don't care so much about what remains.

I used to work with a neuropsychologist who looked at the permanent effects of prescription painkillers on the brain. They sure work faster than alcohol!