Thread: Say CHEESE!
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 06:06 PM   #21
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

OK, so I slog the whole 4.5 miles to Trader Joes in Media, and it wasn't easy. There was construction on the Manchester Ave bridge over Ridley Creek, and a detour on East Knowlton, it must have taken me at least 15 minutes to get there. If that wasn't bad enough it took me another 4 or 5 minutes to find a parking spot right by the door.

Then I had to walk all the way down to the cheese section which must be over 100 feet. But the cheese wasn't there, sixty eleven other cheeses but no Arran Cheddar. So I accosted a girl working there, demanding she satisfy my desire. She took me into a back room and searched Joe's computer files, but couldn't satiate my lust. She suggested I try the woman in the office, saying maybe she could satisfy my desires. I headed that way, but the girl caught up with me saying she found it on the computer but this store didn't have it. Probably she was too distracted when I was standing close.

The woman in the office said she'd be happy to try to satisfy my lust. I told her that would forestall my from reporting to my Arran agent that Joe wasn't
doing a proper marketing job. So she locate the cheese at the Delaware store, telling me she didn't know the address but it's right on 202.

Rte 202 area in Delaware, snuggled up against Pennsylvania, but with no sales tax, is shopping galore. A divided highway ranging from 4 to 8 lanes
lined with gigantic shopping centers. These shopping centers have signs by the road with the major stores listed. After a couple passes and asking 3 people(hey, just because I asked for directions doesn't make me less manly), I finally located it in a shopping center with Target and a Billion other stores, but no signs on 202.

My family from the time my mother was a toddler, would trek to the Crowley cheese factory in Vermont. You might have seen it on "Dirty Jobs". They made cheddar that was superb, mild to extra sharp, in 33 lb wheels and 5lb wheels flavored with sage. Over the years and many miles, trying cheese from coast to coast, I've never found anything close to that cheesy goodness... until now. I admit out of all the cheeses I've sampled, I'm partial to Cheddar, and god damn, this Arran cheddar is the real deal, as good as it gets.

From the labeling this is Trader Joes own brand. I wonder if the bring it over in bulk and package it here to save shipping costs, or provide labels for the Scots to package it there? I've no idea if cheese is marketed in Scotland, or the UK, in 249 gram(8.8 oz) packages?
Attached Images