Thread: The List
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 07:31 PM   #25
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke of the Land
You walk in with a cute little smile on your face and ask me, "Are you on a wait?" Alright, fine. So you have zero common sense, I can get over that. "How long is the wait?" Okay, so your brain cell count is somewhere down around 5... "Oh, it's going to be 45 minutes or more? I don't think we can wait that long, we have to go blow bubbles up our asses." And all the while you're standing there debating which is more important - eating or the bubbles - a line is gathering behind you of people who actually want to enjoy an enchilada, and aren't idiots.
If you can't seat someone to serve an enchilada in 45 minutes, I think the customer has a right to discuss with their party whether your enchiladas are worth waiting 45 minutes for, or if they should seek a meal elsewhere. That's how the world truly works outside your corner of it.

Why worry about the other people in line?...after all, you can't seat them anyway.

If you have such contempt for your customers, maybe you should consider a line of work with less customer contact. I'm sure the back of the house can find you something to do making enchiladas. Perhaps you can discover the recipe secret that would make them worth waiting 45 minutes for the privilege of ordering them.

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote