View Single Post
Old 07-23-2002, 01:39 PM   #4
Tobiasly
hot

Speaking of which, I believe there is a special place in hell reserved for rubberneckers. How many fucking accidents have you seen in your life people? Do you really need to slow down to 20 MPH on the goddamn freeway to see a two-car fender bender that has been moved off the shoulder and should have stopped affecting traffic about TWO HOURS AGO?? Or a truck that skidded off the road into a ditch and got stuck there?

OK, if there are people still on/near the road, slow down for them. But I'm talking about situations where they've already moved the shit into the median and TRAFFIC SHOULD RESUME TO NORMAL.

I get a small case of self-righteousness when I intentionally focus my vision forward and couldn't even say what color the cars were. Then I get right on the ass of the person in front of me who is still gawking like a fucking moron in the hopes of getting a glimpse of a dented door or maybe -- oooh! -- a broken headlight, hoping that maybe he'll realize he's driving 45 MPH below the speed limit, but that hasn't worked for me so far.

Tobiasly is offline   Reply With Quote