View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 07:53 AM   #11
anonymous
Operations Operative

Some clarifications:

In more progressive states the courts are seeing 50-50 joint custody as being in the best interests of the kids. That is what the situation is here. Yes, school night. Out of the bar by 8:00pm approx. One of the moms has her kids almost all the time (separated recently) Neither is dating or hanging out w/ the musicians, they are all part of a larger social group.
supposedly one mom was drinking NA beer. tow kids were left to play pool, the youngest were at with the parents at a table near the loud music. (It was bluegrass so probably not deafeningly loud, but still indoors and loud)

AFAIK the goal isn't antagonism as one dad at any rate just found out about this recently, though it happened last month.

The moms should know about hearing loss and noise.

At least one mom was consuming alcohol.

The kids were bored to tears, one mom claims she wanted to expose the kids to music, a worthy idea but this is not a music festival and there were no other kids there.

These two moms were likely using this as an excuse to get together and do whatever it is they do when they get together. They are pretty much best buds bonding over broken marriages and alliteration. It seems to me that their priority on this evening was hanging out over responsibilities with the kids.

As for the kind of person who raises these questions in people's minds, I'd say that his initial query was lacking in what turned out to be important details.

I'd think the biggest problem in this scenario is thinking that a bar (any bar, however tony- upscale not subtoad- is an ok place to take kids short of escaping imminent peril.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote