View Single Post
Old 06-12-2005, 11:13 PM   #6
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindwyn
I'm also the kind of person who will not be buying my chidlren little books of Bible stories or other religious propaganda. I hate seeing people making a quick buck on religion.
You'd really hate these guys.
Quote:
NEW YORK, NY, December 07, 2003 — Despite Sunday sermons urging Americans to exchange shopping at the mall for rest and reflection, fewer and fewer people are taking a break. Recently, the country's largest Christian retail chain began opening its doors on Sundays. WNYC's Fred Mogul went shopping.
Quote:
Corporate officials in Grand Rapids, Michigan, anticipated receiving criticism for the move - and possible objections from employees. The company produced a video for workers.

Hi, I'm Dave Browne, president and CEO of Family Christian Stores God truly wants us to be both a world-impacting ministry and a world-class business.

In the video, Browne - the former CEO of LenseCrafters -- describes praying and fasting over the decision to open Sunday afternoons. He introduces a theologian who explains that while the Fourth Commandment does enjoin believers not to work, the Christian Bible effectively supersedes that commandment. Dave Neff, senior editorial writer at Christianity Today, says he's no theologian, but he thinks a holy day of rest is more important than a holy day of commerce.
I have a lot of respect for the owner of Chick-Fil-A for not being open for Sundays, even while his stores are in malls which usually insist on it. I have no respect for these guys. How come a chicken franchise understands the concept of the Sabbath better than a Bible store?
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote