View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 05:05 PM   #40
it
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
This is questionable, you might be trying to justify things about yourself that cause you trouble, make you uncomfortable.
My personal favorite version of that is:
Quote:
that's the way I roll

Honestly there's a whole can of worms under that sentiment that I can dedicate a few years to hack & slash through while duel wielding large trouts.

I've more or less reached the conclusion that some of the worst aspects humanity has to offer come from people who have a very static idea of who they are. Taken to the point where criticism, negative judgement - from others or their own subconscious - isn't understood as a statement about what they are doing but a complete and unacceptable threat to their moral identity, making it unthinkable and unreachable, in which people define themselves by how good they are too others but do so in spite of how they are experienced by others - since for them a perspective from which they've harmed others is not simply a statement of what they did and how they can strive to do better, it's a statement of who they are indefinitely and have no ability to change it, a perspective that becomes too ugly to consider or acknowledge. It's the worst kind of sickness, leaving no room for personal growth in how they relate to the world or themselves.
it is offline   Reply With Quote