Thread: Beest is gone.
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 12:50 AM   #131
monster
I hear them call the tide

second anniversary today (technically yesterday). Friday 13th (I like Friday 13ths)

I still had the ashes in a box bothering me by their existence. The two oldest sprogs and I wanted nothing to do with them. It's just ash. Youngest decided he wasn't sure if he might want us to do something/it might be meaningful ash, so I hung on. Been hanging on a peg in the garage.

My plan if we had to do anything other than toss them in the trash was to dump them in "The Swamp" at the paintball field he used to play at most often called H3ll Surv1vors (where there is now a trail named after him). It's near Hell, MI.

Life has been especially rough recently. I met my friend as usual for our Friday morning workout and mentioned this elephant in the room and whined about how I was really not keen on even opening the box etc etc. and then I'd probably find it hard to get rid of the box.....

She suggested that Friday 13 in Hell might be the perfect solution and offered to do it for me. So I went home and asked youngest how he felt about it now and he said .... "just ash".

Paintball field is open weekends only in winter, so we drove there, snuck on via the campsite entrance and the deed is done. And I did it. At the last minute I big-brave-girled it. Not quite The Swamp -too hard to get to- but same body of water. And then I took the googly eyes off the box (that I had placed there the day i picked it up to make me feel better) and stuck them on one of the structures on the field.

closure of a sort.

i left the damn box there too. In a recycling can for similar plastics.

Boom.

I just needed to share this but am wary of being more public because I didn't tell the oldest two or his mom (because she is currently dealing with her daughter being hospitalized and daughter's husband being an absolute twat (as my sister put it). I figured they'd be cool and needed to act while the momentum was there. So I'm telling all y'all. It is a done deed. If they ever ask what happened to the stuff, I think they'll like the answer