View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #27
Adak
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
It's not your opinions I question it's your facts. When they come from talk radio, they aren't facts they're someone else's opinion, and what you heard, or thought you heard, is not verifiable unless you can link to transcripts.
Then argue your case, but let's leave off the ad hominem attacks.

Wherever my assertions come from, what do you care? Your facts all came from somewhere else as well, unless you attended the Iran nuclear negotiations, personally. Well, did you? No, you got your "facts" from some media outlet, same as I did. If you choose to believe the lies coming out of the White House, you go right ahead.

Take the Iran nuclear negotiations deal just reached. Iran's President is saying the 5+1 nations agreement means that the world recognizes Iran's right to enrich nuclear material. Which is stunning, because Obama says no such change in the nuclear proliferation treaty has been made, and Iran has no such right.

The ACTUAL terms of the treaty, have not been printed by any outlet I have found.

I've heard three interpretations of the inspections in the treaty:

1) We can inspect two nuclear facilities, every day, if we like, but not the Plutonium enrichment site, or any other site.

2) We can inspect the Plutonium plant, as well as two other facilities, but not the facility where nuclear weapons are believed to be researched and developed in. That site is off limits.

3) We can inspect ONLY sites ACKNOWLEDGED by the Iranian authorities. That means we'll never find a nuclear weapons site, in a million years of inspections. The Iranians will simply not acknowledge that site for inspections.

Which of the above is correct? We don't know. The treaty language could be so ambiguous that it's simply unclear - but without the actual wording, no one knows.

Obama has reached out to the Iranians, as he said he would years ago - fine. The two parts I don't like are:

1) The treaty has not been put out to the media, so we can read it.

2) Obama stiffed our allies, by dealing directly with Iran, without their knowledge, for months before this treaty meeting. The French, Saudi's, and especially Israel, were livid about this. The Saudi's and the Israeli's have now been left with a huge lack of security they must try to mitigate.

I'm expecting this treaty - or is this just an agreement - will have to reach the Congress somehow. Maybe then, we'll find out what the facts really are about this THING.

Allowing nuclear enrichment, in THE COUNTRY that is the worlds biggest supporter of terrorism - by far, (Hezbollah, Hamas, Rev. Guards in Iraq, fighting us, etc.), should be undertaken with a great deal of clarity as to the terms, and complete verification, with unannounced inspections at ANY facility the IAEA wants to inspect, on any day.

Last edited by Adak; 12-01-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Adak is offline   Reply With Quote