Thread: Last Drink
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #15
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Nice Zen. I like where you're head's at! That's pretty much what I did when I gave up smoking. I had just bought a new packet, all the while telling myself I had to stop. I even got so far as removing the foil and started taking one out. Then I got a picture in my mind of my Mum who at that point had only a few days to live, and my boys telling me not to smoke and I took all of them out of the packet, ripped their heads off and flushed the tobacco parts down the toilet and the filters went in the bin.

I have never so much as bummed a smoke since that day. Not even taken a drag from a friends cigarette.

It is very liberating to know that you can just walk away, and believe me, it can be done. It's all in the mind.

As to my last drink. If it came to that for me, I'd make mine a very nice Sav Blanc. Who knows what sort. There are so many good ones out there these days, but that's what it'd be.

I'd be sitting in my front yard at the picnic table with the BBQ cooking a nice steak. A nice salad in front of my, and some nice cheese and crackers. I would savour that wine. Make it last, and smile after the last sip.

Then I'd move on.