Thread: God? Faith?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2005, 03:44 PM   #11
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Yeah, what Warch and Jaguar said is what I meant. I actually am currently struggling with whether or not I should start taking my 2 yr old to church or not. It did me 'good' learning the golden rule etc., and now like Glatt I live a "good Christian life" in general partly because of lessons learned young. So far tho, I have decided not to because I feel that she will emulate me and learn what I teach her by my actions (being a 'good person, sharing, not stealing, helping those in need, being honest with others) even without going to church, and by going when I don't truly believe, I am actually teaching her hypocracy and not honesty. I HATE hypocrites (sp) more than just about anything. Occasionally I actually envy those who wholehartedly believe in their faith, and wonder why I am broken for questioning things. I interpret BigV's story as coincidence that he looked at that particular billboard at that time. Ever notice that when someone mentions something, that's all you see for awhile? Like the ribbon thread. After reading that, all I saw were cars with those stupid magnetic ribbons. Should I take that as a sign that I should go out and buy one? I think, no. Because the human mind is SO suceptible to the power of suggestion, I just noticed things I previously was ignoring but were still there before I noticed them. I hope I am making sense. What if BigV happened to look at his gas gauge instead and noticed it was on E, and took that as a sign instead he was at the end of the line? Or reinterpreted the 'you are not alone' to mean 'there are four people trying for this job, and they're all just as qualified as you? I would give the reasoning that he saw what he saw and interpreted it the way he did because he was looking for SOMEONE to tell him, "it's going to be OK, give it your best shot". Because he is Christian, he believed it was God/Jesus whoever encouraging him. (Not that that is a bad thing!) I think, eh- coincidence.