View Single Post
Old 11-23-2002, 06:08 PM   #124
Chefranden
Disorderly Disciplinarian

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobiasly

That's utter BS. Do you honestly believe that the media and the government are that powerful? Yes, they have a big say in what we see and hear, but they can't possibly impose some all-encompassing control over what we hear and what we don't.

You don't think there have been tapes of bin Laden's on Al-Jazeera that our government would prefer weren't shown? I thought we "weren't allowed" to hear that stuff?

And you think the media wouldn't air something like a bin Laden apology? Are you serious? They care about one thing. And it's not information control; it's ratings. Any news network would jump at the chance to air a bin Laden apology if they came across it.

You really think every single media outlet in this country is part of an overarching conspiracy to prevent the American public from hearing what they don't want us to hear?

Oh, and of <B>course</B> the media is in bed with the Bush administration. Yeah, they love each other all right.
This wouldn't be the same media that covered the war in Afghanistan and The Persian Gulf would it. You know, the Media that sat in nice safe air condition buildings and reported just what they were told to report. The media that never even protested not being allowed to go where they wanted to go and see what they wanted to see, is that the one. Oh sure I'm sure you are right. I'm sure they will tell the American people the real story behind the curtain of Oz, especially a story that might jepradize Mr. Bush's favorite war to be. Just like they told us every thing about how the government screwed up on 9/11.
I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket. Major General Smedley Butler, USMC
Chefranden is offline   Reply With Quote