View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 04:33 PM   #70
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
If you mean I'm stuck on whether this is blackface or not? I'm undecided; I'm asking questions; if that's "stuck" I'm way happy to be stuck, as opposed to AGAIN accusing a teenager I don't know of being a horrible racist on the basis of a single image.

And, that's not second wave, that whole matter is unrelated.
The second wave was the total exoneration of the kids and demonization of Philips. I think it was an overcorrection, and more information muddies both extreme views, but like I said, I'm ambivalent on the kids.
Quote:
You have gone out on a limb to relate them, why? You need the school to be abhorrent to defend a point that can no longer be defended? I don't get it.
Bruce posted the pics, I provided the "Black day and white day" context, and reiterated that even if the kid was ignorant of blackface, the adults from the school shouldn't be, which was how I "relate them" to my previous post in the thread. Doing the "tomahawk chop" at a Native American is also in this category.
Quote:
WRT the adults moving the kids away from the wildly racist Hebrew Israelites, the entire group was waiting in that location because they were waiting in the appointed spot for their bus. The bus arrived, and they left.
They were waiting at an agreed-upon location (hence my remark about leaving an adult there to direct stragglers), but the bus was a block or two away; buses don't pull up to the Lincoln Memorial steps.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote