View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 09:38 AM   #262
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by casimendocina View Post
One thing that really annoys me is when every single photo that people take on holiday is in front of some landmark or scenery. Either it's a people shot or a scenery shot. It shouldn't be both as people in the scenery shots ruins the scenery and when it's every single photo, quite frankly it's boring...and how likely is that you're going to need to prove that you were actually there by producing photographic evidence.
You can buy/ download much better pics of landmarks than you can ever take. Why not have a pic of someone you love in front of it, so you can treasure that for years to come? The monument will not change. Your lover will.

I learned a lot, being a solo traveller. Photos of famous landscapes have already been done. It's the intimate that speaks to people and evokes memories. Hence my pictures of... me... and food... and me and food...

I'm on a couple of films that I wonder about... I asked a Japanese man to take a photo of my (then) husband and I in Trafalger Square. His price was to have a photo with me. And he really squeezed me close! I was quite small in those days, and had striped hair. He might have thought I was a Spice Girl.

And again in Egypt - a whole pack of schoolboys asked the Evil Ex if they could have pictures with me. He agreed, probably without realising every single one of them would want a separate photo. Once he did, he just found it really funny. I was goosed more than once.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote