View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 06:24 PM   #804
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Carrot's brother, Merlot is very sick. He and their rescue dog Biscuit are currently in a boarding kennel in Hanoi and have been since back end of February when the two Js came back to the UK for a 3 week trip which turned into a lockdown stranding them here for the last 2.5 months (they we due to fly back I think 18th March )

The kennels have been great and kept them updated with videos and pics - it's a nice place with nice staff. But they found out last week (i think) that Merlot was showing signs of either an abscess or a tumour behind his right eye. That has now been confirmed through blood works as almost certainly a tumour (they can't confirm with MRI as there are no scanning facilities at any of the vets in Vietnam).

They've been sharing between their vet in Hanoi and their vet in the UK and it isn't looking good.

When Jude told me about it a few nights ago, his biggest fear was that Merlot would die before they could get over there and he'd never know where they went and that would just about break Jude. And then if that happened, Biscuit would have lost his whole pack, again - he is already a rescue dog who'd been abandoned before they adopted him.

The one bright piece of news is that I found out today Jude managed to get a flight organised for this weekend - failing the world turning on its head again he should be over there by Sunday.

I really hope Merlot hangs in there. I hate the thought of him not having his people with him. And I really hate the thought of what that would do to Jude. Don't get me wrong it would beak Janet's heart too - but Jude's surprisingly fragile at times. I worry the degree to which that would floor him. He's only really started to get his head back together after his sister died probably the last 12 months and even then it's up and down. He went into a pretty deep depression when she died, about 4 years ago - pretty sure thats what triggered the whole career change and move to Vietnam.

Anyhow - that got a bit rambley. I just needed to get that off my chest before bed.

I am really glad they got his flight sorted out. It's shit that Janet cant go back with him yet (different kind of visa) but at least they will have one of them there with Merlot and Biscuit.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote