View Single Post
Old 03-24-2004, 06:21 PM   #38
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

I've played SCA for about 15 years on and off and I'm still a war virgin. Never had the money or if I had the money, I couldn't get the time off, then I had kids that I was NOT going to take to war....

And now the closest group to me is an hour away. So until a group gets closer to me, I'll be reading camping threads.

However, I have gone on weekend events where we camped, and everyone loved coming to my camp. I was the "camp mistress" and the people in my camp were instructed to set up in a circle, doors opening to the firepit, with an "road" leading into camp.

I brought the overhang and the tent for myself, and because my tent was the 3 room version with the overhang "patio" (complete with bug netting), my pad was the place to be.

My sleeping area was the last room of the three and had MANY layers.. tent bottom, blue tarp, 3 layers of thick eggcrate, sheets, then comforters/blankets, then a layer of furs/skins (for the authentic look), then about 15 pillows around the edges. The next room out was a changing area, where the dresses, shoes and toiletries were kept, then the outer room, where I had a few chairs and a card table, more skins and a cooler covered with fabric, doubling as a table. The "patio" had the colemen stove and lantern, a couple of eating kits, and "activities" (chess table, crafts, etc) and another couple cardtables and chairs.

I miss camping.

OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote