View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #21
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Thumbs up

thread resurrection!

SonofV is a *dedicated* Xbox player.

Dedicated.

Earlier this fall, he took delivery of a game he'd pre-ordered, "GTA V". He installed the game and the updates and started playing. I sat on the couch and watched in dumbstruck amazement. Now, I've seen a lot of games, played a lot of games. We have a nice tv (that makes a big difference) but I've never seen a game that was as beautifully realistic as this one. Not the gameplay (gangster supervillian criminality abounds), but the scenery, the character rendering and the voice acting are all unsurpassed. I used to live in Southern California, where the fictional Los Santos takes its inspiration and watching the game evoked a visceral nostalgia of my time in SoCal.

The gameplay is excellent as well, and comes in two distinct kinds--story mode and online. Both are highly playable, with high replay value too. I enjoyed the experience of the game, just watching SonofV play so much that I went out and bought my own Xbox and copy of GTA V for myself. Now I could play, and even better, the fun I had as SonofV's wingman/kibitzer could be multiplied by joining him online for multiplayer heists. I'd drive and he'd shoot. Or he'd drive and I'd navigate, etc, etc.

I've played it for several hours now, and I give it my highest recommendation. I'd love to play with others from here on the cellar, if you're game. PM me for my gamertag. You'll love it.