View Single Post
Old 03-09-2004, 02:32 PM   #9
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

If you value a strong currency, you should dislike Bush and his record setting deficit spending. You should also not want America's currency to be based on anything other than our own gold. The reason American dollars might be valueless is because of inflation which is caused by nothing other than the United States government printing more and more money without anything to back it up. (Technically the federal reserve prints the money and they're not part of the government, but that's another topic). And you would insist that they reduce spending. In other words you would vote for Libertarians.

If you want the American dollar to be worth something insist they turn off the printing presses and return to a gold standard. That and insist that America not send our military to police the globe.

It would also be a good idea to get government to stop preventing people from getting into the energy business through the many regulations. In 5 years, biomass energy could completely replace all fossil fuel needs (oil) in America or in three years remove our addiction to foreign oil which wouldn't get people to violate our Constitution and the sovereignty of other nations to protect it.

The U.S. Military IS NOT here to defend American "interests" abroad, nor is it here to defend oil supplies or to prop up the value of our currency. None of those is a valid use of our military.

And for the record, I say America did not have a valid reason to enter WWI. And it was America's military interventionism in WWI that created the conditions that allowed Hitler to come to power. Were it not for us blaming Germany for WWI (Austria started it) at the behest of France (Still angry about the Fanko-Prussian war) Hitler never would have come to power and there would have been no second world war. Millions upon milions would have lived were it not for the American military going where it didn't belong. I also think we had no valid reason to enter WWII. Japan attacked America only after we provoked them by again using our military to meddle with the oil of other people.

Last edited by Radar; 03-10-2004 at 09:53 AM.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote