View Single Post
Old 02-02-2004, 10:29 PM   #19
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

If the target audience for the Super Bowl is rich old farts (on the basis of the bulk of the advertising), then baring Janet's boob fits right in with the game plan.

I, for one, have no problem with sexuality. I do believe, though, that consumers should be able to make an informed decision about what they are viewing, and the Super Bowl is apparently an unrated presentation. If the breast baring was in fact intentional, then it was a serious miscalculation on the part of its presenters. They (IMHO) were shooting for an 'edge' for CBS, and (as Lady Sycamore has pointed out in another thread) have very likely alienated their core audience in the process.

It is, however, very possible that this was a selfish and calculated act on the part of the performers and MTV, and not CBS. My wife has even gone so far as to suggest the act was intended to transfer attention from Michael to Janet for awhile.

At least we now have a conspiracy theory *about* a boob instead of *conceived* by a boob.