View Single Post
Old 05-07-2003, 06:51 AM   #38
Billy
Professor

Chinese Civilization

Quote:
Originally posted by Bitman
Tell us one with some Chinese context behind it, and after we're done being confused, you can explain it.
The China history that we can track origined from Yellow River in Henan province, my home town. The forebears started new life here. Then more people come out from here. But we all think Yellow River is our saintly area. The forebears depended on the River in old time. They drank river water, irrigated agriculture using river... So the Yellow River is our Chinese symbol. We like saying that our blood is Yellow River Water.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bitman
Sometimes I feel that the U.S. really is a young nation, as we argue over things that really aren't that important. How do you feel about the Chinese civilization as a whole? Do you feel the grandeur of the country, its vast population, and its great age? Or is the "old" China obsolete, as you and your generation are free to find a new way of life?
I like Chinese civilization as a whole. The Chinese civilization is one of the most rare world civilizations. We should save, protect, absord, create it to make it more beautiful. The human live on forebears' efforts. We can not lose history. History is one mirror.

Chinese civilization is so abundant that I can not use a few words to summarize. Difference people have different views on it. For me, I think the Chinese Civilization is old, abundant, beautiful, great... In China families tradition the more people you have in home the more happiness you would get. And age is the fortune. Age represent experiences and knowledges. In old agriculture time the experiences and knowledges are very important for people to fight with the nature.

My generation people should absord the China Civilization and world civilization to bulid a new civilization that has tradition Chinese civilization and new civilization. The civilization would lose his strong life force if we add and create new civilization.

I think any civilization need other civilization. In globalizition time any country and civilization is alone. So I also like Americam civilization. The Americam civilization is young and vital. You have no past to worry about. You have a vital power to challenge future. In modern age many innovation and new technologies were born in America. China worry about losing tradition civilization and can not find a good way to develop it. So we lag behind you.
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote