Thread: Dave just left
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2003, 09:25 AM   #25
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
I don't have many friends and I really really like it that way. Dave was not my "friend". He was some dude I know who lives 3 hours away. I have three friends that I treasure like gold and I would die for them. Everyone else, OUT OF THE GODDAMN POOL.

Also, this confirms to me why I don't like GTGs and didn't have any for a decade. And why I won't attend another one for a decade. Christ.

People: they fuckin' suck.
Yes they sure do. But you know what? You don't have to let them get under your skin. The faster I learned that, the better off I was as a person, IMO. Quite frankly, my days of making friends are over (in other words, I'm not seeking 'new recruits', if you will). I have my "crew" back home in Baltimore that will ALWAYS be my closest and dearest. IF I happen to make more, then great. If not, then oh well, my life still goes on.

Please don't let this drama keep you from enjoying people that you DO like and trust. It's not even worth it.

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote