View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 03:46 PM   #20
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I've been thinking about this exchange. Though YES my feelings were hurt when they probably shouldn't have been, let me ask you this:

Do you typically walk into a room, go up to someone you don't know, and tell them "your hair is stupid" or "is that the best music you could find" or "quit telling those stupid stories"?

No, I bet you would not say those things even if you thought them. Being on the interwebz does not excuse making people feel bad about themselves or things they enjoy. The best response would have been NOTHING.

My best response would have been to say exactly what I just said.

Then I look at it this way: it's always easy to sit and wait like a spider for Shawnee to make what you perceive to be a social gaffe; most people can't stand her anyway and I'm sure I'll get lots of support and love. It's a cellar story as old as the hills, but there are SO many people here I like and respect so I keep coming back even though I know my slightest transgression will cause someone to tell me I'm uncool. I must have lost my rights to be a human being around post #1245.

And in case you've never met me: I often respond in a smartass way to my perceived slights...but there is humor behind it, and I do believe I still have every right to call someone on crappy behavior, whether you believe I have those rights or not.

Call a mod, have me evicted, whatever you think is best. I still maintain that I would not walk up to a stranger and insult them or anything about them. Society tells me to hang on to those insults until I know a person a bit better.