Thread: Review thread
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 08:23 PM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Review thread

Your quicky reviews go here

I Love You, Man (theatre) - Really enjoyed it. Paul Rudd finds true bro-mance with Jason Segel. Many men have to answer this question, how to balance life with your best bud against time with your significant other. Segel does a remarkable job here, playing the man every 38-year-old wishes he could be, but with a precise level of restraint. Well done.

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist (on demand) - Basically, a high school fantasy flick: you wish your life was their life. That kid Michael Sera, who played an awkward teen in Superbad and an awkward teen in Juno, here plays an awkward teen. You separate his characters, I can't. The film is pretty formula, and I kept being taken out of it by realities. If you have the gear to play a club in Manhattan, you don't drive a Yugo and aren't Yugos just museum pieces by now? If you're an awkward teen how do you even drive into Manhattan at night, much less to play a club? Your friend is lost, drunk, in the city, and is your responsibility -- and you can still do light comedy? You found a parking place in the city??? I may be too old to enjoy this movie.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote