View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 02:20 PM   #34
Nirvana
Back in 10

A couple of weeks ago our dept was summoned one at a time to speak with HR and the plant boss. The questions concerned fairness and if there was anything that we wanted to report in our dept.

I knew that some in my dept had issues with out direct boss but I had not seen this in person so I had nothing to report then....

Last week while working [DB direct boss] comes up to me and starts a conversation which includes the accusation that I am the one that caused the HR/Boss meeting to take place. In other words I was accused of being the one that went to HR about them. I was speechless and it kind of hurt my feelings that they would think this of me because I am usually the one that cautions co workers to walk in the other person's shoes.

After a couple days I notice co workers treating me oddly. My assumption is they were told I might go to HR about them. WTF !! I confronted DB and said if you don't want me back here I would appreciate it if you would just transfer me to a line.

Background: I work like a mule there is nothing about how I do my job that can be criticized.

I did ask the other co worker who was all of a sudden 'shunning me' if they would like to have a conversation about why and all I got was averted eyes and a barely coherent grunt of no. I said ok but we do have to work together and I have no problem being civil.

Back to DB confrontation. I was trying not to be angry or threatening and I said you had no right or reason to accuse me of going to HR about you. I am thinking there is nothing I can say to change their mind but DB did apologize over and over.

Question: Do I now need to go to HR to CMA? DB is the type of boss that picks at a person or gives them shit detail if they stand up for themselves. I have never been a doormat so that kind of stuff does not work on me. However I do not want to be in a situation where this is turned against me and I am the one to lose my job. I have done nothing!! I cannot help this person is paranoid but I think accusing me of something I did not do crossed the line.

I have never reported someone to the HR dept anywhere I think most people need their job and if I can look past it I do. I don't want to be tagged a trouble maker.