Thread: West Yorkshire
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 11:34 AM   #59
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Spent today at Otley Show (agricultural show, first of the season).
It's known for its appalling weather, but today was clear, bright and sunshiney.
I have lots of pics to share when I finally get online.

Oh, forgot to tell you. Had a minor hiccup regarding the visit of the BT engineer on Thursday.
Said hiccup being I don't have a doorbell.
So I left a note with my mobile number on the door.
Oh he turned up. He described the door and the note in his call log. But apparently there was no answer when he called. Funny, I was waiting with growing impatience every minute from 08.00 and my mobile showed no missed calls whatsoever, and certainly no voicemail message. Seriously - if someone leaves a message on their door to say they ARE in and are waiting for you, wouldn't even basic courtesy be to leave a message and wait a few minutes?

I think he was running late, saw the note and saw a good opportunity to make up some time.

So. Repeat performance this Thursday.
Guess who is going to picnic on her front step, weeing into a bottle if necessary?
Check the Yorkshire Times for headlines "Slightly Mature and Slightly Overweight But Still Compellingly Attractive Lady Arrested For Public Decency Offence In Otley; Blames Texan Influence".
Okay, that's too long for a headline, but you get what I mean.

Anyway.
The entrance to the show was £8 but I was there for over four hours and had a wonderful time. Cheaper than the cinema and more healthy. I saw about £200 worth of things I'd have liked to buy, but instead had a hog roast bap (which cost nearly that) and an ice cream and the juice I brought with me. Good girl.

And it was splendid to be out in the sun - factor 50 - in the open air and seeing all the animals.
And taking photos for you.