Thread: Dirt poor?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2004, 05:31 PM   #42
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
How would that make you a thief?
It would make you a theif because those programs are funded with stolen money.

And man I can't even tell you how much ramen I've eaten. Even very recently. But I've become an expert at it. And I shop in Mexican or Asian markets where you get 'em really cheap. (I don't spring for the Costco membership but sometimes tag along with those who do to buy stuff). Now I make 'em with a hotdog and an egg in them with kimchi if I can afford it. That's right Korean Ghetto style. I've also recently figured out to make rice (super cheap) and put taco bell taco sauce on it for flavor. Very filling.

My dad was REAAAAAAAALLLLY poor. They got ketchup packets from a nearby restaurant and put them in hot water for tomato soup. They'd put water in cereal when they had it, or if they had milk, they would put pieces of bread and sugar in it as cereal. They grew up in Poughkeepsie, NY (where I was born) which has HUGE amounts of snow and they couldn't afford jackets. My grandfather left my grandmother and dad when my dad was 8 and my dad had to start working at age 9. That's why my dad refused to help me with college. I assumed his being poor would mean he would try to make sure I got to go, but he said, "Nobody did it for me...so you do it for yourself." And he would have a point except for the fact the he never went to college.

I know how to stretch a dollar though. Even know I know when to buy rice, potatos, and ramen.