View Single Post
Old 06-15-2003, 02:47 PM   #9
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Re: Re: Re: Music: Pirated or Quality

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobiasly
I fully understand what you're saying. But you're implying that, because people want it less for karaoke, the music isn't as good. That's not true.
Every generation previous loved to sing a long with its current music and to the better music of their parents. Who among us can not sing a long to Sinatra's NewYork, NY, or some silly Bing Crosby tunes like Moon River or Irving Berlin - all well ahead of my time.

Iimplied is that the latest generation does not like to sing a long with its post 1990s music but will sing along with music of its parents? What makes this newest generation so unique that it does not like to sing a long to it latest music?

They are not saying earlier music is not popular. All generations still sing to that. They are saying music of the last ten years is not in demand for sing a long by any generation. Now if you said the music of last ten years is not appropriate to sing a long, then karaoke sales makes sense. However I don't hear anyone saying post 1990 music is not appropriate to karaoke. All I hear is that few want to sing along with post 1990 tunes.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote